Friday, June 01, 2007

Mama & The Birthday

When Bubbles and Blondie moved in they immediately began calling us Mommy & Daddy. Being that they were already 8 & 6, we didn't know how they would feel about that, but it didn't seem to bother them a bit. My older kids call me Mom, Mama, Mommy and sometimes Bucky even calls me Mompo. He's 13, and he makes up cute names, like he calls my mom Grammy-Cakes. Too cute.

Anyway, Bubbles has started calling me Mama, quite regularly now for the past few days. I really like it. It's more personal and feels more affectionate. It warms my heart when I hear it.

Today I'm letting Blondie stay home from school to celebrate her birthday. I did the same thing on Babygirl's and Bubbles' last birthdays. We go out to eat and shopping and whatever strikes us as fun.

Gotta go get ready!

No comments: