Friday, August 21, 2009

Ok, so everything has changed!

The summer has been great. No really, I mean it, I'm not kidding.

Toward the end of June, Blondie started trying. I'm not sure exactly what changed. It was right after she came back from church camp. Maybe it was that. Maybe something they said got through to her. Or maybe it was the time away and appreciating what she has at home. Or maybe it was the new techniques I've learned through counseling. Or maybe it was everything. Anyway, it has been great.

She has been interested in bonding with me, and has really been making an effort. It's amazing. She still has issues with lying and disobedience but on a smaller scale, and I'm usually able to talk her out of her stubborn stance on the lie much sooner than before.

School starts on Monday and I'm actually going to miss them. Both of them. It's a miracle! I was dreading the summer so much, but it has flown by and I've enjoyed it. I've prayed for a long time to feel like this about both girls and I'm thankful to finally be enjoying some of the fruits of my labor.

1 comment:

Gawdess said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!