Thursday, September 04, 2008

Feeling Successful

I made dinner three days in a row this week, and I have enough leftovers for 7 more meals! I have started doing my cooking in the morning and it makes the afternoons so much less stressful.

So far the teachers aren't complaining. Blondie didn't do her spelling homework one night, and she had to use her one homework pass for the six weeks in order to turn it in late the next day. I found out that it was because she didn't understand it, but instead of asking for help she just didn't do it. That is very typical of her. Fortunately, she cared enough to take care of it the next day. Today at school she requested to go to the nurse because her side hurt. This is also typical behavior. She loves to go see the nurse.

Anyway, I explained to her this week that she will get her slushes and lunches with Mom for free this year, without having to earn them. I have decided to reward them with $1 per A on their report cards instead. I told Blondie that passing 5th grade is entirely up to her. She was shocked, but happy that she would be able to get slushes and lunches without having to earn them. I'm so sick and tired of punishing her all the time. I just want to have some fun with her. I think this will help me feel better towards her.

1 comment:

Gawdess said...

Yay! Sounds like a good start - I had kind of an icky, over tired getting mad at my one child day - but it did get better, slowly - my headache is mostly gone now!