Monday, December 12, 2005

Funny/Sad

We had a good weekend. I was in a wedding on Saturday and had to leave around noon and was gone the rest of the day. DH had planned to attend the wedding but he wasn't feeling well so he ended up staying home all day with all four kids. They had lots of fun playing. DH told me that the girls had fun squirting water in his hair and giving him different hair styles. D2 was in and out of time out most of the day. She gets eight minutes per time out (we got that idea from that show "The Nanny") which is one minute for each year. She has such a hard time telling the truth. Yesterday we got together with DH's family to celebrate Christmas. His parents gave each of our kids $25. D3 opened hers and I said "What did you get?" She said "I got some money, but it's only pretend." I told her it wasn't pretend. She was shocked and said "It's not?" She said "I've never had a $20 bill before! I'm so happy!" She had the hugest smile on her face. Both girls were very excited. This morning went pretty smoothly. D3 got a time out for not obeying but otherwise we did fine. While we were waiting in the car for the school bus to come, D3 was sitting beside me and looked in the rearview mirror and said "I can see myself!" So my educator type self kicked in and I said "Do you know what that mirror is used for?" AND SHE SAID "It's for looking to see if there's cops back there." I laughed. I couldn't help it. I told her that could be one of the reasons, but it wasn't the reason I was looking for. I explained the appropriate use of the mirror, and also told her that we would call them "police" instead of cops. Then D2 told me that they also call them the "Poe-poe". I asked her if that is what Foster Mom called them and she said yes. I told her that we would still call them the "police". I called DH and told him about the cops in the rearview mirror and we both had a good laugh. I know she probably thought that because she heard her birth parents using it that way, and it's sad that D3 learned that from them, but it was just such an expected answer we had to laugh. Please take a look at Howard News. They have finally adopted Noelle! And I've been tagged by Cindy. I'll get to that in the next post.

No comments: