Thursday, December 01, 2005

So Close But...

Yesterday the subsidy office called DH. But let me back up a bit. A couple of weeks ago while sitting in Sunday School, I felt that God told me what amount to expect. I was hesitant to tell anyone because of fear that I might be wrong. But I told DH anyway. Guess what. I was right. God did speak to me. It gives me chills just to think of it. Their initial offer was the exact hundreds amount that God told me. Then DH negotiated and got 100 more. For me this is just confirmation that we are in God's will. He is providing for us, and he is our Jehovah Jirah. On with the story. CPS has a rule that a child can't receive both a foster subsidy payment and an adoptive subsidy payment in the same month. Therefore, most adoptive placements happen at the end of the month so that adoptive parents can start receiving their subsidy benefits on the first of the next month. Since you are actually reimbursed, that means for example that if the child is placed with you on December 31, then your benefits start on January 1, and you would receive your first payment the week after January 31. So. There was an immense effort to get everything finished yesterday. DH and I met at the CPS office and Agency Worker came too. We sat down to sign the papers and it was a sweet moment. However. As we went to check off that we had received all the paperwork, I didn't recognize the item at the top. Some kind of HSEGH or something. It's a 3-5 page report on each child. So D2 went to check, and sure enough it had not been completed. Oops. So we went in to talk to D2's supervisor. She told us that the girl who is supposed to do the HSEGH is out sick and her supervisor is out too, and there was no way it could be completed yesterday. She suggested that we just wait until the end of December. Agency Worker said we couldn't do that. Supervisor said if we don't then the girls won't have Medicaid until January 1. The problem is that if we wait another month, CPS will label us as foster-to-adopt for D2 & D3. If that happens, then our agency will only receive half of the contracted amount of what they receive for an adoptive placement. We have always been adopt only, so it is only fair for the agency to be paid appropriately. However, it also means that the girls will not have Medicaid for the month of December, and that we won't receive a subsidy payment until after January 31. We can afford to support the girls until that time, but I don't know yet if their therapist and psychiatrist are on our insurance. I'm not even positive that the girls have been added to our health insurance policy. They have an appointment with their therapist next week. I hope we don't have to cancel. Hopefully we'll get some answers today.

No comments: