Monday, March 13, 2006

I Did It

I came in to work today and gave my two weeks' notice. It's a done deal. My boss took it better than I could have hoped. He told me that HIS wife is quitting HER job too, and he completely understands! That was a big relief.

I'm so happy and full of joy. We bought little tomato and pepper plants, and some flower seeds just for fun. We tilled the garden to get it ready. We can't plant yet because we still may get another freeze.

There were baby chickens at the feed store, and Bucky, Blondie and Bubbles fell in love. We are considering building a chicken coop and raising hens for laying eggs. (Yes, I know it means I'm not a vegan if I eat eggs, and yes I eat eggs sometimes.) Bucky got excited and wants to buy some chickens of his own and sell the eggs for extra money. I wonder how long the excitement will last when he actually has to care for them? Fortunately, I want some chickens too, so I can take care of them if he loses interest. I think he just wants to hold them and play with them, and it will be a little different when they grow up. But we'll see.

We're going on vacation this week! Hooray! I'll post some pictures when we get back.

1 comment:

No Longer In Crisis said...

Wow, Sunshine! You sound as giddy as I do today! I'm thrilled for your decision. You really stepped out into the Jordan river - and I'll bet God is smiling on you for for faithfulness.

I want a chicken too!

We, too are taking a few days off to take a mini-vacation. Hope you guys have a blast.