Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just So Happy

I'm so happy that I'm going to get to stay home. Things are going so smoothly. I've told my parents and my in-laws, and it wasn't nearly as painful as the last time I discussed it with them. The current plan is that I'll stay home for at least six months, and then we'll re-evaluate whether we can continue that or if I need to go back to work. God may have something in store that we don't know about yet, so I'm not making any definite plans. I always have my degree to fall back on if I need to and in the meantime we'll see what opportunities arise.

My mom is keeping Blondie and Bubbles for a few days this week during Spring Break. They have been doing much better than the first time she babysat them. I gave them a stern talk before leaving both mornings this week, plus I've been calling and talking to them on the phone if necessary. However, it's so hard to be stern when I hear those precious little voices on the phone. Too cute!

Babygirl returned home safe and sound from Tennessee last night. She had a great time. We talked for over two hours, with her telling me about her trip and me recounting the days while she was gone. She is such a precious girl and she is growing into a beautiful and wonderful young woman.

4 comments:

CJ said...

I'm glad you have family support. My mom will watch the girls we're adopting, but refuses to watch our foster child. Ugh.

QueenBee said...

Congrats! I"m excited for you!

Norma said...

I wish you & your family all the best as you start your "new life" on Monday! Nice to hear from you.

Becky said...

I just linked onto your blog from pajama mama and am very interested to go back and read your posts. I am seriously considering adoption for our family someday.

Anyway, like I said, I need to read but I think it is GREAT that you have made the choice to stay home. I quit my job 4 years ago and have NOT regreted it one bit!!! We live in a small old house, drive older cars, and my husband and I often go without, but it is well worth it to us! I really feel that THIS is what God has called me to do with this season of my life. God chose US to be these kids moms one way or another, and these "babies" of ours are only with us for a short time before they are off on their own....as long as they are under my roof, this is where I'll be!!!

Good luck and I look forward to reading your blog!!!