Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles

Today she took my flylady timer (www.flylady.net) and buried it in a bucket of compost to be used on the garden. I saw it when I dumped the bucket in the cucumber patch. As I cleaned the dirt off of it, I asked her why she did it, and she said she had just wanted to play with it.

I think she's having some issues with the adoption right around the corner. I've heard that kids will frequently act out right before the finalization because they want you to prove that no matter how bad they act, you still love them and want them.

I talked to her and told her the very same (that I love her and she is my daughter forever no matter what), and then she had to write sentences and go to bed early. I really hope she straightens up soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if today being Mother's Day has any impact on her behavior?

Cozyquilter.mom said...

Sunshine,

thanks for the encouraging words on my space. Hang in there, you and M are in my prayers.

Karen

No Longer In Crisis said...

Hi Sunshine - hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day...and that regardless of the lying issues you've had to deal with, that having your bigger family continues to be a blessing.

Anonymous said...

thinking of you today at 1pm...