Saturday, May 20, 2006

Adopted

The adoption went off without a hitch. In fact, we were the first in line at 1pm. I'm going to break my privacy streak and post some pictures. These will be removed in a day or two so be sure to comment and let me know when you've seen them. I want to be sure that my longtime blog friends have had a chance to see how beautiful my children looked.

Here is a picture of the courthouse that I took while we were waiting to get started:


And here is a picture of my beautiful children:

And here is one of me fighting back tears as we stand before the judge promising to be legally and morally responsible for our new daughters:
And here is one with the judge, our first as a "forever family":

And finally, here is the one that I plan to put in the engraved frame that our social worker so kindly gifted me with after the proceedings:

Note: Pictures have been removed to preserve our privacy. If you wish to see the pictures, leave your email address on the comments and I might send some to you. ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a beautiful family!! Congratulations again!!!

Anonymous said...

This just brings tears to my eyes! You have a BEAUTIFUL family! CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful. made me cry

David Michael said...

Beautiful family! It is an exciting day!

Brigitte said...

I found you via Queen Bee's blog. You all look so happy! I am so happy for you! I can't wait for Queen Bee's adoption day. God has truly blessed your two precious daughters by leading them to their forever family! :)

Judy said...

Over here from QueenBee - congratulations!!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you, what a beautiful family! :)

No Longer In Crisis said...

Oh hun - you all are so, so beautiful together. You look like you've been a family all along - like God just waited until now to bring you all together. Congratulations - they are sooo cute!!

Cozyquilter.mom said...

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations, can wait to see them again.

Love, Cuz

Overwhelmed! said...

I missed the pictures. Rats! Congrats on your Adoption Day. I have very fond memories of Snuggle Bug's, which I'm sure I'll post about in the near future. :)

Anonymous said...

how are you doing?