Wednesday, June 29, 2005

NOT done yet

We finished our observation Monday night with a wonderful family. It was much more like going to visit with friends than an "observation". We had many things in common, from our Christian beliefs to the way we feed our families. I love the way God puts things together, so much better than I ever could. We sat and had dinner with them and learned soooo much.

We started the home study yesterday. DH and I finished our couple interview and our separate interviews. We could not complete the home study because Son is at camp! Our coordinator will interview Daughter and Son on July 15, and then come back one more time to interview us as a family. After that we will truly be finished. We could have done the whole thing yesterday if Son had been there, but we didn't know he had to be there, and neither did she! It was her first time to do a home study so we were all learning together yesterday. She's a very nice lady and everything went very well.

I volunteered to help out with the singing at church while DH is gone, not really expecting to be taken up on it, but I was! So I have practice at church tonight and I'll be holding a microphone Sunday morning as I sing with the praise team. Gulp! Pray that my nerves will not shut down my voice, and for all the poor listeners in the congregation... ;)

And please continue to pray that I will have peace as we move closer to DH leaving for Israel. I'm pretty tied up in knots right now.

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

Thanks for you post on my site! I'm thrilled for you guys. Isn't it exciting to be getting so close? My husband said the other day, "I feel like we're 8 months pregnant!" Soon.....

I will be praying for you and your family as Michael goes to Israel. I can understand your concerns...i'd be nervous too. I'll pray for God's protection over him and for His peace for you and the kids!