Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Visit

We went to see the pediatric endocrinologist yesterday. He asked a lot of questions, checked her reflexes and took her measurements. He agreed that she is quite small for her age. He didn't see anything that stood out as problematic and said that she is proportional. However, he did order a bone scan and blood work in order to rule out things you can't see from the outside. He did say it was possible that we just have a short girl.

I hope that is the case. I told him that I just didn't want to sit on it and wait and possibly miss a window of opportunity. One of the tests takes 4-6 weeks to come back, so we've got a long wait ahead of us. I feel a lot better knowing that I've done everything I can for now.

On the behavior front, Bubbles has had a few challenging days. This morning I told her that if she can get through the whole day without getting into trouble she can have her purse back. That is her favorite thing in the whole world. She was very excited and told me that she is really going to try. Blondie was able to get a toy back for being good yesterday. I guess she kind of got a freebie since I got her out of school early and she missed the temptation of misbehaving on the bus, but she earned it and I was happy for her.

Cindy asked me if we also might give them quarters for good behavior. We instituted that from the beginning, but it has dropped off in the past two weeks. I want to definitely start that again. I didn't intend to ever stop, it's just hard to keep up with everything.

I made notecards to take with us to church tonight. It has our cell phone number on it, and the girls will see us give them to their teachers. The teachers will be able to remind them that they can call us if they do not behave. If we actually get a call, then we are not going to let them attend next week. I think grounding them from church is kind of weird, but I'm not exactly sure how else to handle this.

No comments: