Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Family Update

Boaz is doing well. His job is going well and he is in a training class for two weeks. He's actually on a normal schedule and it's nice to see him in the mornings and have him stay up until 9 or 10 pm with us.

Babygirl is working hard in school. She has many advanced classes, and is preparing to be a senior next year. She isn't ready for it and neither am I. She's too young to be grown up. I'm not ready. Oh wait, I just said that.

I'm very proud of Bucky. He is growing into a fun and responsible young man. He's made some choices that I am very proud of.

Blondie seems to be doing better in school. We'll find out this week when we get her report card. I haven't had any recent calls or notes from her teachers so I'm assuming she's behaving herself. She's still on growth hormone shots and has grown nearly five inches in a year. She still hasn't caught up with Bubbles but she's getting close. I think it would be wonderful if she actually got taller than Bubbles. It would do wonders for her self esteem. She gets picked on a lot for being so small.

It's hard to know how Bubbles is doing. I know that she really wants to be part of our family, but she's stil faking and doing what she thinks she is supposed to do, rather than just being herself. Maybe I'm guilty of that too. Maybe I'm being who I think I should be with her, rather than showing my true feelings. She's deceptive and sneaky, and that makes it hard for me to feel close to her.

I keep hoping they will open up to me, but so far no luck. Meanwhile, time marches on. I'm still working for the church doing the website and going to BSF on Wednesdays. The rest of the time I take kids to doctor's appointments and help kids with their homework and take people to music lessons. Bucky joined the middle school youth band at church and enjoys it.

I've tried and tried with the girls, and I feel defeated. I've been asking God to heal the broken places in them, because I'm at a loss. I've come up against a problem I can't solve. I know there is a lesson in this for me. I just pray that the girls will eventually learn what we are trying so hard to teach them, about love and honesty and treating others the way you'd like to be treated.

I'm heartsick over it at times, and numb at others.

I'll try to update more often.

No comments: