Friday, May 18, 2007

Warning: Gross Post Ahead

So to update over the past week:

Blondie tried to sneak a pair of sunglasses to school in her backpack. She was told after the ball on the bus incident that she couldn't take anything else to school with her this year. These were toy sunglasses by the way, and it was impossible to see through them and provided no eye protection. So anyway, I found them in her backpack. I asked her if there was anything in her backpack that shouldn't be there and she said no. So I asked her again if she was trying to sneak anything to school in her backpack and suddenly she says that she didn't put them in there, it's just that she threw them into the backpack area and they fell in there, but at this point I hadn't even mentioned the sunglasses. Yeah, okay.

And Bubbles came home one day with a note in her folder from her teacher, but also with a star next to it. Before she even showed it to me, she told me that it was so funny, that her teacher started writing a bad note in her folder until she realized it was Bubbles's folder, and then she put a star on it. But the note from the teacher wasn't scratched out, and there was no indication that the note was there by accident. So after some questioning, she admitted that the note was about her. She's quite devious.

Okay, here comes the gross part: Yesterday Boaz found a large gooey booger on the arm of the couch. Only Bucky, Blondie and Bubbles were in the room at the time of the incident. Boaz found it and went into full interrogation mode. No one wanted to claim it. I interjected that the cat had been lying there all day, and maybe it was possible it came from the cat. Boaz said he didn't think anything like that could come out of a cat. I didn't inspect the offending body excretion myself, so I can't say, but I was hoping that none of my kids would actually do that. The interrogation lasted for some time, and Bubbles eventually confessed that she leaned over the arm of the couch to throw something in the trash, and it "fell" out of her nose. At some point I lost it and started laughing, but I was trying so hard not to let it show. It was so gross but so funny for that very reason, and just the questioning "did you feel the booger come out of your nose" and "show me exactly what you were doing when the booger came out". It was unreal. I'm laughing right now just thinking of it.

Anyway...a day in the life of our family.

1 comment:

David Michael said...

Have you tried "Parenting with Love and Logic?"