Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Disgusted with the Whole Thing

We went to medication training last night, which was fine, other than we got home late and we're tired today. All we have left now is the all day training on October 1.

Still no news. There's nothing I can do about it. Just waiting. And waiting.

Nothing to do in the meantime but wait, with no end in sight. I know that once it starts it will probably happen quickly, but there's no hint of when that will be. I don't even know if the girls made it into the adoption class.

Sigh.

So I'm focusing on Daughter and Son. They've both requested to spend some quality time alone with me the last couple of days, so I'm trying to figure out when to do that. Our weeknights are so busy with their schedules, so I'm hoping for some time on Saturday.

That's all I have for now.

7 comments:

QueenBee said...

we need a support group....."waiters anonymous"

Gawdessness said...

This is the hard time.
I like the waiter's anonymous suggestion.

No Longer In Crisis said...

Me too! "Waiters Anoymous" sounds great. I'll join. Oooooh, it's so tough. And I agree with your last post about "back burner" kids - whatever happened to permanency laws? I now know why so many turn 18 and are never adopted. Here we all are, just about to burst with excitement about adopting, and kids are just sitting in foster care. We just have to remember each day that God is hearing our prayers and that His perfect timing will always be unknown to us. Let's pray for that "peace that surpasses all understanding". I need some too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, can I join your club? Our foster license keeps getting dragged out and now we're working with another agency trying to adopt a little girl. We should hear within the next week or two as to whether or not we are selected to come in for an interview. She's still an infant and I have NOT idea how the adoption process works, so I don't know what happens after that.

But waiting sucks. This is worse than my TTC two week waits because there is an actual CHILD involved. We've never met her, but we've see her, we'ver heard her. We already love her.

Waiting sucks.

CJ
www.fieldfamilynews.com

David Michael said...

Waiting for so long is very difficult to understand in our current state of affairs.

It will be "worth the wait."

Brian Howard said...

I can't imagine...not knowing kills me! Hang in there! The drama of having four kids i'm sure is right around the corner. Enjoy the somewhat saneness of your life now!

Foster Child Advocate said...

Try imagining what it must be like to be one of the kids who is waiting to be adopted. Then think of all of the people who decide they are tired of waiting to adopt, give up, and leave those kids waiting even longer. That should make the wait a little easier for you.