Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Waiters' Anonymous

Hear ye, hear ye, this meeting of Waiters' Anonymous is now in session.

Who'd like to go first?

Okay, I'll go. It all started about a year ago. I started getting the urge to have more children. I didn't know whether I wanted to have my husband have a little reversal surgery or whether we should forego that and adopt. We checked into all our options. Reversal is expensive and babies are quite a handful. A baby at this point in our lives would turn us upside down. We decided in January to pursue adoption. In February we attended our first CPS meeting. In March we made the final decision that we absolutely positively knew this was what we wanted to do.

We began training in May, and from there things went nuts. I was bound and determined to get everything done as quickly as possible so that we could get our kids before school started. Shortly after that we found out DH was going to Israel for three weeks, so we went into super-sonic speed. Well, at least I did. DH kept asking me why I was in such a hurry, and telling me that it would all work out the way God wanted it to.

Then we heard about two little girls, and that they were going for termination in July. I was told that after termination the girls could move in with me almost right away. Ha.

Since DH has been home from Israel, things have been going at a snail's pace. The only bright spot, a wonderful beautiful bright spot, was that we got to meet the girls. But that's it. I have no news about them, no word from CPS, no indication at all of when or if we'll be able to adopt them. The only thing left for us to do is finish one day of training. We actually "finished" in May, but because one of the girls is listed as moderate, we had to do extra training.

So that's my story. I'm doing okay, as long as I don't think about it. But talking about it has brought it all back up....and I'm feeling a bit anguished.

So......who's next?

3 comments:

QueenBee said...

This made me laugh! Guess I'm next

No Longer In Crisis said...

Present! My name is Tamara, and I am an impatient waiter. I too shall blog my WA confession.

Nancy French said...

Hey! Well, my life is so up in the air, I have NO idea what awaits us in even one year. We've been married ten years and have moved five times. It's hard to be moving all around AND do makor life changes like adoption.

So, every time I see a little Asian girl walking around (which happens quite frequently since we live near Chinatown)I want to pick her up! Both my husband and I want to adopt, but are waiting for that "right" time, in God's planning. In the meantime, my 6 year old girl is attending Spanish immersion school, David and I are going to take Spanish classes, and we've stopped giving my daughter Chinese lessons. So, I wonder if all this will play out in our future decisions to adopt from China? Who knows but God? I think in five years, it'll be interesting to see how it all worked out.

Nancy