Monday, September 19, 2005

Still Nothing...

...but yet, life goes on.

Joey the cat got well, but evidently he had the kitty flu, because Gabriel caught it. Now Gabriel is a much different animal than Joey. Joey is a sweet natured kitty who took his medicine nicely and loved his laxative. He was nice to the vet and let them do whatever they needed to do.

Not so with Gabriel. Gabriel is his mommy's boy (me) and no one else's. So last week we found out why this is a blessing, and also a curse. He wouldn't let the vet come anywhere near him. He hissed and bared his fangs and deployed his claws. You have to be very brave to dive into a mad, cornered cat and the vet wasn't.

So his terrible temper saved us some money! No expensive x-rays or bloodwork or overnight stays were done. Just an antibiotic and a limited office visit and we were out of there. Unfortunately we had to force water down his throat at home in order to keep him hydrated, and he didn't like that at all. But he let me do it, and he's feeling much better now.

And yesterday was a big day! We had a furniture delivery! Guess what we got!!! Yep, a bunkbed. It's all set up in the spare bedroom, and I even bought sheets for it yesterday. I still have to clean out the closet and get the filing cabinet out of that room, but we are so much closer.

Unfortunately, there is no news about the girls. But someday, no matter how long it takes, there will be children sleeping in that bunkbed. Last night I opened the door just to look at it again. I imagined what the room will be like when it is filled with little voices.

I think I'm finally at peace with the wait. My emotions are at rest. I know that we'll get our children someday, and we're praying for them every night in the meantime.

5 comments:

QueenBee said...

At peace with the wait? You are my hero. I'm still in impatient "hell". :)

Sunshine said...

I think it's a bit easier for me, because I have Shalie & Lucas. I'm sure it would be MUCH harder if my nest were empty. I really feel for you and all the other ladies who are waiting to get their first child.

Catherine said...

Praying for your family! May your girls be with you soon!

No Longer In Crisis said...

Just popping in to say we in Waiters Anonymous are still praying for you. I'm hoping the Lord sends some of that peace to me too! Waiting is frustrating. It just seems like everything to this point was so hurried and chaotic - a whirlwind rush of paperwork, fingerprints, and portfolios. And now I'm eating way too much chocolate. Hugs to you as you wait this out.

QueenBee said...

Ya know, I asked God to provide me with a distraction and now there's a hurricane heading our way. Think i'll pray for just more mundane waiting from here on out! ha ha ha