Thursday, September 08, 2005

Why I'm Frustrated

Just little things like this:

Email from me to Agency Worker: "I was wondering if you were able to get the girls enrolled in the adoption course, and if you ever got in touch with their CPS worker."

Email from Agency Worker to me: "The family developer working with Foster Mom's home is working on the adoption prep classes. As of Tuesday she had not heard from the girls’ worker."

Will this adoption ever happen? Will anything ever happen?

I'm tired of no news.

But.....a major hallelujah last night all because of cat poop. Even after an overnight stay in the hospital and a couple of enemas, Joey wouldn't GO. He was still acting sick all day yesterday. So on top of attending a funeral we were worried about our cat. Last night I went back to the pet hospital to pick up a laxative. I gave it to him and then took him straight to the litter box and voila! Cat poop! I was never so excited in my life to see feces. Crazy, huh? The laxative actually takes 8-10 hours to take effect, so he would have gone either way, but we didn't know that.

Anyway, the important thing is that he is okay and my poor tattered wallet is safe for the moment from astronomical pet bills. I hope. Otherwise my marriage may be in jeopardy. (Not really, but he did have a fit.)

2 comments:

No Longer In Crisis said...

Hurray for kitty poop! Oh, mercy - I'm laughing with you, not at you. :) The things we will do for our pets.

We, too are in a waiting stage with little more to do than pray and hope and dream. We keep praying for your family too - that the process goes smoothly and in God'd perfect time.

QueenBee said...

you know, it's hard for us to wait. But I can't imagine already knowing and meeting two children and wanting them so badly....and waiting for them.