Monday, October 17, 2005

Blessings

I never ever post on the weekend. I don't even get on the computer much on the weekend. I spend my whole week on the computer and I don't care to even touch it on the weekend. But because I was so excited and because I just had to share it with you guys, I got on Friday night and blogged. And I was blessed to read Tamara's comment....

"......I can't believe this - I normally don't check the blogs on the weekend because I'm not working - but GOD told me to check in. WOWZERS! ......"

So now I know why I blogged. Thanks so much to everyone for their supportive comments.

I didn't get to tell the kids the good news until Saturday evening. I wanted to sit them both down and tell them at the same time, in person. Daughter had a friend over Friday night and then we had to leave early Saturday morning for an all day seminar.

When I told them, Daughter got tears in her eyes, and went to get her bible. I was concerned about how Son would react, but I needn't have bothered worrying. He said that he would ask the bus driver to let the girls sit on the front row of the bus to protect them from any would-be bullying, and that he would sit with them the first few days to be sure they were okay. I told him that was very sweet and sounded big-brotherly. Then I told him it was okay if he didn't feel brotherly yet and just was being a nice friend. He told me that he already felt like a brother to them. It was so sweet and I was so relieved.

Daughter told me that it's becoming real to her now and she's scared. She said it was just a dream before. I asked her if she regretted it and she told me "no, not at all!" It's just fear of the unknown and the reality of the girls coming to live with us. I explained to both of the kids that even though it will be difficult for all of us to get used to having the girls in our home, it will be so much more difficult for the girls and we need to be patient with them.

I talked to Agency Worker today and she was able to contact the adoption liaison. We are getting the wheels rolling! The liaison wouldn't make any promises for WHEN we could get the girls at this point, but Agency Worker is working toward Thanksgiving and SO AM I!

I'm so excited and looking forward to seeing the girls again.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

i can't wait til you get to visit with them again! Let us know as soon as you find out!

Curious Servant said...

This is wonderful!

I am very happy for you and your family.

you are blessed.