Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Information

Agency Worker called me back today. I had two things I wanted to discuss with her.

1) How likely is it that we will get the girls? Do we need to be considering other children also? Agency Worker says that she thinks we have a great chance of getting the girls because she has been mentioning us for a while and we are a "strong family". However, she also understood that it isn't a good idea to put "all your eggs in one basket" in case we don't get them. So she is going to be sending me any and all referrals she gets that fit our preferences, and we can choose to be submitted on them if we want to.

2) Will we get any reimbursement for the girls since they are an adoptive placement? Agency Worker thought at first that we would get the full foster amount, but I told her that I had read that when you took children as adoptive placements you weren't reimbursed. So she checked on it and called me back. It turns out that I was right, sort of. We will not be eligible for the foster care reimbursement, but we will be eligible for the adoption subsidy if the girls qualify for it. She feels strongly that they will qualify for it with their particular needs.

So I'm feeling better today. I have more information, and I'll be getting to consider other children while I wait to see if we're chosen for the girls. Agency Worker said she was sending our information to CPS today. She also requested a photo album from us that she said really helps during a staffing.

So my next task is to make a photo album. The problem is that I can't do it on the week nights because we are so busy, and on the next three Saturdays we have plans, and Sundays are entirely too busy right now. Pray that I'll find some extra TIME hidden somewhere to get a photo album put together quickly.

No comments: