Friday, October 14, 2005

We Got Them! We Got Them! WE GOT THEM!!

We got the call today. Agency Worker called. I'm still in shock.

How could this be? We were told that there would be a formal staffing for the girls. It wasn’t even scheduled yet. I know that CPS is focusing on finishing “in progress” adoptions in November. They aren’t even thinking about the girls right now. Or so we thought.

Agency Worker called me around 3pm and told me that the CPS worker had just called her and told her that she had been meaning to call and let her know that they had selected us to be the family for the girls. Agency Worker submitted our home study a couple of weeks ago and CPS looked it over and decided that they needed to look no further! They will not be having a formal staffing! They will not be soliciting other families! I don’t understand it, I don’t know how this happened, but it did. I can only believe that God had a hand in it. Why else would it happen this way?

The CPS worker (D) told Agency Worker that we could start visitation with the girls, but not overnight visits. It’s so crazy. I was crying and laughing and speechless. Agency Worker also told me that Foster Mom told her that both girls had stated that they would like for DH & me to adopt them! Foster Mom swears that she never mentioned to them that we were interested and that they came up with it on their own. If that is true, what a blessing! Half the battle is done already if the girls are hoping that we will adopt them. I truly think this is a “match made in heaven”. What else could it be, when it turns out like this?

I wasn’t even expecting a call. I wasn’t anxious. I was sitting back waiting, because I knew their staffing wasn’t even on the schedule and wouldn’t be for a while. This came out of nowhere.

Now I want to know, WHEN, WHEN?? Of course, they don’t know. Their bio-mom surfaced and wants her good-bye visit, and they are trying to get that done before the end of the month. They still have to release the girls’ complete records to us and we have to give our final decision, plus various and sundry other paper work. Agency Worker said if everyone really “gets on the stick” we might have them by Thanksgiving. Forgive me for hoping it’s sooner than that! Either way, I’m sure we’ll see them before then. Agency Worker said they don’t want us to tell the girls yet that we are adopting them, just in case we change our minds. I can’t imagine anything at this point that would change our minds, but I’ll comply with their request.

I GOT MY GIRLS!!!! Thank you Sweet Jesus. What a glorious and wonderful blessing.

For I know the plans I have for you sayeth the Lord…..

My little Girl1 singing “God has a plan for my life….”

My heart is about to burst.

7 comments:

QueenBee said...

HOLY COW! This is totally out of the blue! Thank you, God! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I'm so excited for you! I'm just thrilled and almost speechless! Please keep us updated as this moves forward! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Gawdessness said...

Wow!
Congratulations!
So happy for you all!

Brian Howard said...

How wonderful!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear how this progresses.

No Longer In Crisis said...

Yes, Lord, yes Lord - YES YES LORD!!! I can't believe this - I normally don't check the blogs on the weekend because I'm not working - but GOD told me to check in. WOWZERS! What an awesome answer to prayer - when we least expected it. When you finally turned yourself over and put in for a more relaxed set of criteria and said "OK God, whatever you want." Wow - what a testamony you have here. The on-line party has begun!!

Catherine said...

Oh what wonderful news! Such a blessing it will be to have your entire family together for Thanksgiving! God is good!

Foster Child Advocate said...

I was a foster child for ten years so I just want to say congratulations on this wonderful addition to your family. I have a couple of words of advice.

Make sure someone takes a photo of your girls with their birth mom. This is something that will help them feel settled later and keep them from building her up in their minds as some sort of fairy tale princess.

I recently heard about a family that adopted some children and did not let them keep any physical posessions from their past. Please do not do this. Kids need to feel like they came from somewhere.

Finally, make sure that you write down for your girls anything you know about their past. This may be something they are curious about when they get older and can keep them from feeling isolated and pastless.

Again, my sincerest congratulations go out to you and your family on this most joyous occassion.