Monday, October 24, 2005

Exhausted

I spent all day Saturday trying to reorganize. All of the cleaners have to be locked up before the kids can live with us. I was supposed to take care of this some time ago. But I didn't. We've had something to do that took us away for the entire day on Saturday for the past five Saturdays. Sundays are so busy we don't have a chance to catch our breath. Some of that is our own fault, because we accidentally said yes to teaching the preschool choir on Sunday nights. I say accidentally, because we thought we were agreeing to help with the children's choir, and somehow we got shoehorned into keeping the preschoolers. DH and I aren't really the preschool type, however, I've been really impressed with how well DH handles them. He's more patient than I am. We go out on the playground and all you can hear is a chorus of "Mr. DH! Mr. DH!" from twelve energetic little voices. They love him. He's really a trooper when he needs to be.

Anyway, I had to clean out a filing cabinet so that we could use it to store the household cleaners. Then DH fabricated a locking-bar thingy and welded it to the front and added a combination lock. Daughter helped him because she has to earn hours for her FFA class outside of school. They've been having a lot of fun with that. DH was so excited when he found out that Daughter had gotten into welding class! It was fourth or fifth on her list of preferred alternatives, but she's actually enjoying it. She also really enjoys spending time with Daddy and letting him teach her things.

Unfortunately, I didn't complete the job on Saturday. My parents, grandmother, and father-in-law came over to visit us on Saturday night. That was really fun. I made homemade veggie pizzas with no cheese, and I think they liked it... After that we enjoyed a rousing game of Chicken Foot. Daughter had to leave early to babysit. We were very tired and went to bed early. Unfortunately again, we forgot to take the phone in our room when we went to bed. So when our dear friend B brought Daughter home, they couldn't get through the front gate. And even though they called EIGHT times, Son didn't hear the phone in his room and answer it. So they spent forty minutes at the gate, until finally B figured out how to trick the gate and open it from the other side. I was so embarrassed when I found the eight messages on our phone Sunday morning!

So at 4:30 am today I started cleaning house. I had to clean up the giant mess I made on Saturday, plus do the regular stuff like dusting and vacuuming. I also had to lock up the cleaners and the medications that were still out. I got to work late and I have to leave early. Praise God for flex time!

I don't have any news about when we'll get the girls. I'm hoping that Agency Worker will have something to tell us today. Fortunately I've got all the information sent in for my parents now so that they can get approved as babysitters. There's so much going on that my mind is in a whirl. I've still got to get a list to my friend so she can send out invitations to the "baby" shower. Hopefully I can get that done tonight. Then sometime I have to go register! Insert scream here. We're just so BUSY! Maybe I can do it Thursday or Friday night.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Isn't it great to be this busy when you're busy preparing for your kids? That is so exciting! And remember, you can always register online - most stores allow you to do this and it saves lots of time!

No Longer In Crisis said...

Oh, Stacy - do I ever have empathy now about exhaustion. But isn't it the very best kind of exhaustion you've ever felt in your whole life? I fell asleep the other night while sitting up in bed and feeling the baby her bottle. The bottle flopped out of her mouth and bonked on the bed. I giggled right there - I was spent, but in a good way. So many times we are exhausted from doing everything else...now it's exhaustion for all the right reasons. It's so worth it!