Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shower

One of my dear friends has decided to throw a "baby" shower for me! I have to admit that I was hoping someone would, and I said the tiniest prayer that God would let that happen. Less than an hour later, my friend emailed me to say she would like to throw one. Praise God for the big and small things!

Cindy asked me when we would get to see the girls again. I don't know the answer to that yet. We were told that we could see them but we can't tell them yet about the adoption. I don't really know if I'll be able to do that, so we may wait until we get the go-ahead. I just don't know. I really want to see them again and the kids really want to meet them. They live about an hour away, so we can't just drop by now and then, we have to plan it out. We also have to coordinate it with the foster mom and somehow not let the secret slip to the girls when we are with them.

I'm very torn. I know that the girls said they would like for us to adopt them. So what if we go see them and they ask me about it? I can't say "no" or "maybe" and I'm not allowed to say "yes". It would tear my heart out to give them an answer that sounds like anything other than yes and then see the disappointment and hurt on their faces. It's a dilemma I haven't figured out yet.

Right now I'm hoping that we will get them before November 13th. Their foster mom is taking a week vacation and will need respite care for all her foster kids for that week. I'd love to do it, but again, the kids live an hour away and I wouldn't be able to transport them to and from their school each day. So Agency Worker is trying to help CPS see what a great idea it would be to get them moved to our home before then.

I'm so excited! Our God is an awesome God.

Matthew 25:40 (The Message)
40Then the King will say, "I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me--you did it to me.'

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

have you registered anywhere?