Monday, October 31, 2005

And One More Thing...

Here is an email I just got from Agency Worker that she sent to K & D:

"Hey K and D-

As I shared with you guys, Girl1 & Girl2's foster mother, Foster Mom, is going on a week long trip beginning 11/13. I found out today that we have not yet been able to locate respite for Girl1 & Girl2. If we are able to find a home with available spaces they will almost certainly have to miss school for that week. Just wanted to keep you guys up to date. It would definitely be good for the girls if we could manage to get them placed prior to 11/13 so they can just transfer to their new school. Thanks for your efforts in getting the details worked out! Let me know if/when you could use help with de-identifying…we’ve got plenty of Sharpie markers!"

I'm disturbed that my girls might miss a whole week of school. I wish that we lived close to Foster Mom so that we could do the respite care. Although that would remove the pressure to get them placed quickly, so it wouldn't be in my best interest. And we realistically just can't do it anyway.

But Agency Worker is trying and I really appreciate her efforts.

Please God, watch over my babies and bring them home soon.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

I'm sure you've already considered this, but just in case.....if ya'll are a licensed foster home, or if you could quickly get licensed, then the girls could be moved to your house before records are de-identified. You would be "foster parents" until you signed the adoption papers, but at least you'd have them.

Sunshine said...

Great idea... but CPS won't let us do that. If they would, we'd have already had them in August. :(