Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Countdown...3, 2, 1....Friday!

I talked to DH this morning and I'm feeling so happy to know that he will be home in just three days. He really is the rock that I lean on, and I appreciate him so much. I've had some recent fears about the adoption, but just talking to him yesterday made it all seem so clear. It's just the way I am, I'll come up with little things to worry about, and then he shows me why my fears are unbased and tells me to take it to the Lord. He really is a gift from God.

Today we talked about him changing his work schedule when he gets home. He's currently working 10 hours a day Monday through Thursday and having every Friday off, but this has really worn him down. He ends up hating life most of the week to gain one day. He wants to either switch back to 8 hour days, or maybe work 9 hour days M-Th and have half of every Friday off. If he does this, it will make my life easier because I won't have to be home when the girls get home - he'll be there. Then it won't be necessary for me to go part-time right away, even though it would be nice. We'd like to get some debts paid off before we take a salary decrease.

Anyway, life is looking up right now....3,2,1, DH!!

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Awww... that is a precious picture! Do you feel like the closer it gets, the more afraid you are? I ask only because that's how I feel. Now that we're approved, I'm like, "Whoa....slow down just a bit...there's no rush..." ha ha ha... i guess it's just "cold feet"?

Sunshine said...

Yes Cindy, I do understand! While at first I was disappointed that we can't get the girls before school starts, I'm now relieved that we have a little more time to get the house ready. I've been slow about cleaning out that upstairs closet!