Friday, July 08, 2005

Getting Excited

I got a call from Agency Worker earlier today. She told me that CPS is going for termination of parental rights for the two girls we are interested in on Monday. Frequently a family member will step in at this point but no one has so it is quite likely the girls will be available for adoption. If everything goes as expected on Monday, these two little girls should be in my home before August 16th! I'm getting more excited about it every day.

I always try to keep myself from becoming emotionally involved too soon, but I'm no good at it. I just love children and I ache for the pain they have gone through. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my kids and my life really revolves around them. I've heard that people wonder how a mother with lots of kids can love them all enough, and I've heard it answered that each mom loves with all she has. It feels like God is stretching my heart to make room for more right now.

One of my dreams throughout this whole process is in seeing my new children accept Christ and be baptised. I tear up just thinking about it. It will be a joy to lead these little children to Jesus who is truly the greatest love they will ever know, if they don't know him already.

I just can't wait!

3 comments:

David Michael said...

"...God is stretching my heart to make room for them now."

What a beautiful sentiment! As you know, adoption takes an Open Mind, as well as an Open Heart. When you are CENTERED in Christ, have an OPEN heart and mind, RELATIONSHIPS will flourish, because you will be EMPOWERED by the Holy Spirit.

Centered, Open, Relational, Empowered = A CORE Life!

Your in my prayers!

QueenBee said...

Awww..Stacey! That is SOOO exciting. It brings tears to my eyes to see how close you are. I'm thrilled for you! And praying for the whole family!

Brian Howard said...

How exciting! Very encouraging news...we will keep you in our prayers during this waiting period. If these girls are truly your children given to you by GOD, nothing will stop the process of bringing them home. =)