Friday, July 22, 2005

Today's the Day!

DH is flying home RIGHT NOW. He'll land around 2p and I'll see him about an hour later. He's riding home with the friend that went to Israel with him. I have to work today, and his friend only lives about 5 minutes from my work. I have the kids straightening the house today and we are all very excited.

Our tenant who is about to be evicted called me yesterday. He said that they found a place to move but they would need one more week and could I wait to start the eviction? I was very torn. I consulted with a friend who felt that he was trying to take advantage of me one last time before DH gets home. There's no proof that he has found another place, or that it will definitely be ready next weekend. So I called him back and told him I'm sorry, but he needs to find somewhere else to go by this weekend or we would have to continue the eviction proceedings. It has just gone on too long. He's told us so many wild stories for why he can't pay the rent, and if they are all true then he must be the unluckiest man in the world. I just don't trust him anymore and that's a hard position to get into with me. I tend to trust everyone and I'm pretty naive about people. I just can't fathom how someone could look me straight in the eye and lie.

Fortunately, DH called me yesterday and I was able to tell him the whole story. He said that he thought I did the right thing. He ended up not being able to sleep last night because he was so excited about coming home. I slept well but I woke up excited. Now it seems like the three weeks he was gone just flew by! I'm so glad it's over and we can get back to real life.

Now we'll be able to get that observation scheduled! Agency Worker told me that once CPS knows that a family is interested in adoption, they get "funny" about how often you can visit the kids. I don't really understand that, but at least we'll be able to meet them through the observation. We might also be able to do some respite care for them after that, if CPS isn't onto us! They have some strange policies. I know that it will all work out in God's wonderful timing.

Happy dance today!!

No comments: