Friday, July 15, 2005

Home Study, Part Deux

I woke up praying for the girls today, that they were sleeping well and that their hearts would be prepared for the news about the termination on Monday. I'm ready to bring these little girls into our home and be their mother. I talked to DH yesterday and told him how Agency Worker said we could provide respite care for the girls and he thought that was a great idea.

Agency Worker is coming over to the house today to interview Daughter and Son. She will also be doing the health & fire inspections today. The house is a mess this morning. We’ve been very lazy while DH is in Israel, so I’ve got to get busy! It’s been a bit difficult taking on all the roles he normally plays.

It is unbelievable that he’s been gone two weeks and we still have a week to go. Some days it feels like I just can’t make it until he gets home, but I really have no choice so life goes on. Son and Daughter are suffering over it too. Son breaks down and cries every fews days that he misses his daddy. Daughter had a nightmare that DH died and that I married a horrible man who hated my kids and was mean to them. I’m not crying or having nightmares, it’s more that I’m walking around in a state of limbo, waiting for my sweet husband to come home.

I usually have DH for a sounding board when there are lots of things on my mind, and it’s been hard to deal with all the adoption stuff without him here. I get to talk to him for a few minutes at a time, but we can’t really have a good discussion about our feelings when he is an ocean away. So I’m just waiting, waiting, waiting….

I’m supposed to see a picture of the girls today. They’ve been described to me as far as size and hair color, but you can’t really get a lot from that. Today I’ll actually see their faces. Please pray that God would protect their minds and hearts. Please pray that He would guide my emotions and help me to be patient as I wait for DH to return and I wait for these precious girls to join our lives.

2 comments:

David Michael said...

Thank you again for sharing this moving moment in your life. Your story is "realtime" faith, hope, and love in action. As a reader of your blog, I am praying and pulling for you! God is "writing your love story."

QueenBee said...

It will happen before you know it...I'm praying for ya'll!