Thursday, July 07, 2005

Part-Time?

I talked to my boss today about possibly going part-time to 30 hours a week. This would allow me to be home when the kids leave for school and when they get home and avoid them going to daycare. He was positive about it and said he would talk to HR and get back to me. This would also allow me to spend every Friday off with DH. I think this time will be invaluable as we recharge from running a family with four children. It will probably be hard to get a word in edgewise to each other!

Still, I'm very excited about the prospect of becoming a mom to two new little girls. We are making plans to put them in the spare room, and Son and Daughter are going to trade rooms so that the girls can all share the same bathroom. We still have room for a little boy some day to share Son's room if he is agreeable. I want to get the girls comfortable first before adding any other kids, if we ever do.

DH is having a great time in Israel, and I haven't heard from Daughter since Tuesday but I'm sure that no news is good news and she's doing great too. Son & I are spending some quality time together watching movies and getting take out. I'm going to take him to see the Fantastic Four tomorrow night.

3 comments:

David Michael said...

Fantastic!! I saw your comment on Cindy's site (I am on vacation this week). It is exciting to read about building your family. God bless you! I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of such love.

BTW- I loved your house. It looks like you live somewhere in the panhandle. My sister lives in Amarillo and goes to the Body of Christ at Amarillo South. Her name is Paula.

Blessings!

asparagus said...

I am so excited for you and your family! Best Wishes! I hope your boss will let you work part time... that would be great! Especially with new family members!
Did you get that mini van yet? ;-)

Emily

QueenBee said...

Hi Stacy! I'm so glad to see this moving right along. I'll be praying that you get to work part time - that would be terrific! It's all so exciting, isn't it?