Monday, July 18, 2005

Home Study Update

Everything went well on Friday when Agency Worker came over to do the home study. We passed the health & fire inspections, with the exception that we may have to lock up the gasoline in the garage, and we have to move the matches to a place that is not child accessible.

Both Daughter and Son liked Agency Worker a lot and enjoyed their interviews with her. Agency Worker didn't bring pictures, and I was disappointed, but she said that things had been moving too quickly and we needed to slow down. She said that she didn't want to cause more emotional upheaval by adding pictures to the mix. I'm okay with that decision, because I know that if it is God's will for the girls to live with us, I'll see a picture eventually.

Honestly, I'm glad that we've decided to slow down. I was excited but scared, and this will give us more time to prepare ourselves. Daughter, Son & I worked on switching their bedrooms on Saturday. We got their beds and all of their furniture moved, and we pulled several trash bags full of trash and lots of toys for Goodwill out of Son's room. You'd be surprised how much they can cram into every nook & cranny! We also shopped for a new chest of drawers and nightstand for Daughter, and found something pretty. I haven't ordered it yet, but I will soon. They both seem to like their new rooms, and I know Son is enjoying having a clean room!

Daughter had a meltdown last night because she misses her dad so much. Pray for her to hang in there until Friday. The nightmare she had last week is still hanging around in her mind, and she is afraid that he is never coming back. I've told her that there is no reason to suspect that Daddy won't come home safely, and that she shouldn't let Satan do this to her. I didn't realize just how hard this trip would be for the kids. I hope he doesn't ever have to leave for this long again.

2 comments:

David Michael said...

I know what it is like to be gone from the family for a long time. My prayers are with you and your family.

QueenBee said...

Thanks for the update, Stacey! It's good to stop and breathe a little and I know the time will pass very quickly. I'll pray for Shalie this week.