Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Almost There

We're going back to visit the girls again tonight. We'll pick up D1 and Son from school and go straight to pick up D2 & D3. We'll have about two hours with them, in which we'll take them to eat and then probably head to Walmart. D3 was pleading with us to go to Walmart on Monday, for who knows what crazy reason...but maybe for a six year old it's a great place.

Foster Mom will be withdrawing the girls from their school today. They have an appointment for a complete physical with their doctor tomorrow morning, and then they will see their therapist in the afternoon. I'm going to meet them at the agency tomorrow so I can visit with their therapist and then visit with them after the appointment.

DH & I are taking the day off on Friday, and we'll be picking up the girls and all their stuff Friday morning. Son is going with us, and D1 might. D1 is very serious about school and is in all advanced classes, so she has to make sure that it won't be difficult to make up what she will miss.

Son is going to a birthday party Friday night. His best friend invited him, and Son told him that he was sure he couldn't go because we were bring home his sisters that day. But he told me about it and he was sad, and I told him I didn't see any reason why he couldn't go. He was surprised and happy. I told him that our lives weren't ending just because the girls were coming to live with us, and that we have our whole lives to spend with each other and it won't hurt for him to be gone for a couple of hours that day. In fact, it might be nice for the girls to see that their siblings attend parties, and also for us to have a little more quality time with them with less kids in the house for a while.

D1 & I are taking the girls out shopping on Saturday. I scheduled them for a haircut at noon that day. Their hair needs some serious attention. Foster Mom cuts it herself, and obviously has no skill whatsoever. It is very uneven, and poor D2 has such short bangs that it will be very difficult to do anything with them until they grow out. I'm thinking a layered bob will look cute on both girls in the meantime.

Hopefully the girls will have calmed down a bit now that they have met us, and we'll see them more as they really are tonight. They weren't hyper when we met them the first time, so I know that they were just excited on Monday, and trying to make a good impression. It certainly wasn't out of hand, but it was enough to worry their big brother that they might be annoying. I'm sure that they will annoy him sometimes, but I don't think that being overly hyper will be a problem. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. How old are they? 6 and what?