Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No Discipline .... Yet

Yesterday Son reported that D2 disobeyed the bus driver and didn't sit in the front seat like he told her to. He also told us that while they were waiting for the bus, D3 was throwing D2's backpack and got in trouble, and that D3 kept poking D2 and wouldn't stop and they got in a fight. Unfortunately, we didn't hear most of this until the girls were already tucked in bed. Son doesn't want us to tell the girls that he told on them. He is worried that they won't like him if they know. So I had a talk with the girls this morning and told them to try to have a better day today, and also that Daddy knew about it too and would talk to them about it tonight. I really think this hero-worship they have for DH is going to help us out with their discipline. They really want to please him. At night when I put them to bed, we all read stories together. Both girls read aloud for about five minutes. This is a nice quiet time that we all look forward to, and it also gives the girls practice with their reading. Both girls are loving and sweet, and they love to have hugs. They say "I love you" and "I'm glad you adopted us". I feel like I report so much of their bad behavior that I'm forgetting to tell you how wonderful they are. They are my daughters. It feels more right every day. They have the day off from school tomorrow, so I took the day off too. It will be my first time at home alone with all four of my kids. DH wanted to take the day off but his boss said no. We'll still get to have a full four days off together. On Thursday we're going to my mom's for Thanksgiving and then to DH's aunt's house that afternoon. My grandmother isn't doing very well, so please lift up a prayer for her. The girls are looking forward to meeting my parents and my grandmother. On Friday I'm taking Son to see Harry Potter IV. D1 saw it Friday night. I've heard that it is really good. The girls are too young to see it, so DH agreed to watch them while we go. He said it was the least he could do after I kept them all weekend while he went hunting. I couldn't agree more. :) Son is really excited about it too. We're all big Potter fans at my house. On Saturday we are going to a cousin's house that has 200 acres and we go there every Saturday after Thanksgiving. We ride four-wheelers and visit with the horses and cows and relatives and eat lots of food. Everyone is really looking forward to meeting the girls. I told my mom that the girls would probably run to her and Dad for hugs, and she said "That's all right" and really sounded like she meant it. Pray for my nerves on Thursday as we take the girls to meet my parents for the first time.

1 comment:

Away2me said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgving with the family. I hope it all goes well. I also hope grandma gets better.