Monday, November 07, 2005

Feeling Better & Lots to Say

We got the files on Friday. AND we found out that the girls will be coming home with us on Friday! Their foster mom is leaving town on Saturday to go on a cruise for a week. That is fine with us, because the sooner we get them the better as far as we are concerned.

There was only one minor item in their files that we didn't know. It certainly wasn't anything that would make us decide not to adopt them. It was NOT the painful emotional experience that I was dreading. It was a relief to find that all pertinent information had already been revealed to us. It was such strange and exciting to call Agency Worker this morning and say YES. I felt like I was accepting a marriage proposal or something!

We are still waiting for a bit of paperwork to be cleared up, so please send up prayers that the workers D & K will make our adoption a top priority this week. Agency Worker said the agency is willing to go all the way up the ladder at CPS to make sure this happens this week. There is nowhere for the girls to go next week if we don't get this done, so there's really no other choice.

I talked to Foster Mom today. She said that Girl1 is very excited and happy. Girl2 is scared and mad. She still wants to go home to her "real" mommy & daddy, and she doesn't understand why they haven't been coming to visit. Foster Mom has been trying to explain things to her as best she can. Girl2 got to see our family book last week when they told her that we were adopting her, and she was excited about it. She asked a couple of questions. One was "do my new mommy and daddy drink?" She also asked "so when we go to live with them, we won't get tooked away no more?" These questions really speak to the pain and worry going on in her life, and it's so sad that a six year old child has to worry about things like that. Both girls have expressed a desire to have a big yard and animals at their new house, and God has definitely granted them that! We live in the country with six cats, three dogs and a turtle!

I'm so excited I could burst. I know this week is going to fly by. On Thursday we will meet with CPS to finalize the paperwork, and then we will have an opportunity to visit with them that afternoon. Daughter & Son are both skipping school that day so they will be able to meet the girls before they move in the next day. It is really unfortunate that they will only meet them once before moving in, but it can't be helped. I don't know yet what time we'll be picking up the girls on Friday. I'm kind of hoping for Friday morning in order to give us more time with them over the weekend before they start school on Monday and we get into the regular routine.

I'll keep you informed as I learn more!

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

OH! I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying on Friday, I promise! and I can't believe about that poor little girl who didn't get adopted. That breaks my heart. What do you have planned for the weekend to kinda help "break the ice"?