Monday, November 07, 2005

Changes Already

D says there is no way she can have the subsidy paperwork done by Thursday. So we are on to Plan B. The girls will come to our house for respite care starting Friday. They will still start school in our district on Monday, and their permanency staffing will take place on the 18th. In a way this is a better schedule for us, because we won't have to miss as much work.

But something terribly sad has just happened in their foster home. Another little girl just found out she was being adopted, and she is around the same age as my girls. She was already told all about her new parents, and they were supposed to be taking her on a trip this weekend. But yesterday, the new mom came to meet her for the first time and CHANGED HER MIND. I asked Agency Worker if the little girl had misbehaved or anything, and she said NOT AT ALL. So I don't know what happened, but the little girl is crushed. I'm so sad for her, and I'm also concerned about how it may be affecting my little girls. I don't want them to think we might change our minds, but you know they have to be wondering. I can't believe that those people let it go this far, and let the girl be told all about it, and then would back out like that! They had already read her file and seen pictures, so I can't imagine what happened. It must be so hard to lose your parents and everything you know, only to be rejected again! I pray that God has an absolutely glorious home planned for her with the best parents in the world who can help heal all the hurts she has endured.

I want to reassure my girls that we won't be changing our minds. I hope we get the chance to do that tonight. We were told that due to the circumstances, we could probably begin visiting them right away. We're taking them up on it. :)

1 comment:

No Longer In Crisis said...

Oh that just breaks my heart about that other little girl! I so wish I could take her. I know how hard it is for me - having grown up with both biological parents still married - to feel wanted sometimes. Whew. I hope you two get the chance to tell your girls there is no way you'd ever change your mind. :)