Thursday, August 18, 2005

Details


I just talked to Agency Worker . She is working on completing our home study, and she forgot to ask a few questions along the way. She also needed to tell me that all medications and household cleaners need to be locked up. Also missing were the vaccinations for the cats that I faxed a couple of months ago. Not much left. She will be calling my references today.

I asked her about how the licensing worked, because I've been hearing nightmare stories from my blogger friends. I found out that once the home study is typed, they send it to an independent contractor who works for the state, and then we will be licensed in a couple of days! That sounds much different from some of the other agencies I've heard about.

She told me that we will be licensed for basic needs children, and then when we complete our training they will send in a home study update to get us licensed for therapeutic needs children.

So! I'm excited that we will be licensed soon. There still isn't any news about the girls, but Agency Worker feels that we should know something at least by the end of the month. She also said that if the birth parents appeal(ed) the termination, we could probably still get the girls as a foster-to-adopt placement. I think it is already too late for them to appeal, but they may have done it before the deadline and we just don't know about it.

Either way, we're getting closer. I like progress. And I get to meet them in NINE days.

Oh! And this morning Son said, "Mom, you should have made Daughter be in band." !!!

2 comments:

Curious Servant said...

I spent a little time reading your blog today.

This sounds very exciting.

I'm not sure if you are interested, but I wrote a blog posting about an adoption we did and I thought you may be interested.

Here it is:

http://jobstale.blogspot.com/2005/06/isaac.html

God bless.

QueenBee said...

HOw many days before you meet them?