Tuesday, August 16, 2005

First Day of School


Daughter and Son started back to school today. They were both excited and nervous. Son was talking 90 miles an hour! I'm happy for them, because I know that the summer was getting boring toward the end. There are always a lot of adjustments when school starts, so I'm sure we have a busy week ahead.

A part of me is sad, because I really wanted the girls to be able to start school with us today too. They started last Monday. I'm frustrated with the wait. Patience isn't one of my strongpoints when I want something done.

Strange: A friend of mine told her boyfriend that I wanted to adopt, and he said, "Why? Isn't she happy with the family she has?" What a strange thought. If someone had two children and got pregnant to have a third would he ask that? I don't know, I just thought that was strange, and I was kind of offended. I think it would be more likely that I wouldn't want more children if I didn't like the ones I had! I've always wanted a large family, and due to circumstances being what they are now, adoption is the best expansion plan for us. Some people really have strange thoughts about adoption.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People are funny. I just had a client who was on-site last week, after finding out I was in the process of adoption ask, "What in the world ever brings a couple to adopt a child?" I wanted to say, "Why in the world would a couple NOT adopt and help a child?". Instead I said there are many reasons, actually too many to have that conversation right now. I chose not to be offended, how can you ever explain the gift of adoption to someone who would even ask a question like that. I chalk it up to people being uneducated. We need to come up with a good one-liner.

QueenBee said...

how about, "I can't understand why some people's hearts aren't big enough to adopt." That's just mean. sorry. lol

David Michael said...

"What in the world ever brings a couple to adopt a child?"

There are many reasons why people choose to build their family by adoption. Hopefully, no matter what the cause, the couple is motivated by love.