Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Home Again

We had a great time. It was so good to see my friend, and to be able to share our thoughts and feelings. DH and Son spent the whole time playing XBox Live with my friend's husband. Friend & I had fun talking and going shopping. Daughter was a little lost but Friend & I included her in most things we did. Normally Friend's husband's daughter is there to keep Daughter company, but this time she couldn't join us until the last day.

DH finished his one year bible on Monday! That is quite an accomplishment for anyone, but especially for him, because it is only the second book he has ever completed in his life. It's not that he has trouble reading, he just doesn't enjoy it. But he has now found a love for the bible that he never had before. Now that he has read it, he wants to study it more indepth. I bought him a new guide called "Men of the Bible" and he started it yesterday.

I was keeping up with him for a while with the one year bible, but I fell behind earlier this year and never caught up. I have about two months left if I read one lesson faithfully every day. Now that he has completed it, I feel even more motivated to get myself in gear and get it done.

I think that Friend & I are going to do a long distance bible study together. She has a study called "He Speaks to Me" that she hasn't started yet. It looked like a good one, and it is specifically geared toward learning to hear God's voice.

I haven't scheduled the observation time with the girls yet, but I'll be doing that soon. I have their foster mom's phone number, and I just need to get with DH to decide on a good time to do it. I wanted to get it done yesterday, but we have two empty houses to fill and that has been occupying all our waking hours. Then yesterday another tenant told us she couldn't pay. I think God is testing us!

We have training all day this coming Saturday to learn about moderate level kids. It will be more intense than we have been through so far. The basic training was heart wrenching enough, so this will probably be pretty tough.

4 comments:

Danny Sims said...

Congrats on the one year Bible... How are the readings arranged? Some from various books each day or chronological or something else?

I'm thinking about starting a chronological one...

Sunshine said...

This one has a portion from the old testament, a portion from the new testament, a psalm or part of a psalm, and a verse or two from Proverbs each day. It is designed to take about 15 minutes each day. We enjoyed the format and would definitely recommend it.
http://www.bookschristian.com/sys/product.php?PRODUCT=131673

David Michael said...

Training really opens your eyes to the needs of children. As a former trainer, it was amazing to watch future foster/adopt parents eliminate the attitude of "all you need is love." Wouldn't it be wonderful if all parents went through this type of training!

Curious Servant said...

I stopped by and perused your blog. I thought I'd leave a note that I was here.

Take care.