Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Four More Days


Cindy asked: HOw many days before you meet them?

The answer is in the title. I will meet the girls in four days. FOUR DAYS. I'm nervous, and my emotions are so mixed up. It's hard to know what to feel.

I don't know if these are the children God has picked out for us. I prayed last night that He would make it very clear when we meet them on Saturday. I can't imagine what would make us say NO to them, so I'm sure it's mostly just fear of the unknown. This is just such a strange event to take place in one's life. How many times have I gone to meet children and determine if I want to adopt them? Um, never. Do I even know anyone that has done such a thing? NO. Even my friends who have adopted didn't participate in this particular activity, because they adopted from overseas and their babies were just assigned to them. Just like a birth, you take what you get.

It's hard to know about the girls, but not be able to take care of them. If they are going to be mine, then in a way they are already mine. Does that make sense? And if they are mine, I'm supposed to be taking care of them, feeding and clothing them, raising them and teaching them about God. It's hard to wait for the government to get out of the way so I can start helping my kids!

I've known about these girls for months now. I think that makes it harder. I think that most people even in my situation hear about kids and then make a decision to submit a homestudy and if they are selected, they meet them shortly thereafter.

I think that adopting children this way is similar to getting married. You choose a child, like choosing a mate. It's just weird. I'll be glad when we are past this part, and the kids have been chosen, even if they haven't moved in yet. I just want to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought it was very much like an arranged marriage!

Danny Sims said...

Will pray for you right now. And in 4 (oops, now 3) days!

QueenBee said...

I'm so excited for you. Please let me know if you figure out how to determine if these are the kids God has for you - I struggle daily with that. What are your expectations? I mean, what do you expect to think and feel when you meet them?