Monday, August 15, 2005

A Great Day


I had such a wonderful time with my daughter on Friday. For her birthday, I took her to a makeup artist, Stephanie, for a consultation. Stephanie spent 4 1/2 hours with her, teaching her about cleansers and shading and hair...it was a very girlie day and we had a great time. Then I took her for a haircut and we shopped for the products Stephanie recommended.

I think it was a great gift for a fifteen year old girl. It was also quite out of character for me. I've taught Daughter all her life that true beauty comes from within, and that outer beauty fades away. Therefore, I had to have a talk with her on the way, not to spoil the fun, but just to reiterate one more time that it's fine to do the best you can with what you have physically, but to always remember that the outside isn't nearly so important as the inside.

It was also fun to just have a girlie day. We spent the whole day together. No boys at all. :)

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

awwww.... i bet it's so much fun to have girl!