Monday, August 08, 2005

Fifteen

My beautiful daughter is 15 today. I remember exactly how I felt the day she was born. I was awestruck that God had blessed me with such a magnificent gift. She had lots of dark hair and was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. She slept in a little plexiglass bed next to mine, while I lay awake all night just staring at her, touching her little face and fingers, and feeling overwhelmed with love.

She has grown into a beautiful young woman who loves the Lord. She feels strongly called into the mission field, although we don't yet know how that will manifest itself. She is loving and sweet and loyal, and going through all the turbulence involved in being a teenager. I'm still overwhelmed by this wonderful gift from God. She is everything a mother could ever want in a daughter.

Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Brian Howard said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHALIE! Fifteen...NO WAY! I will agree she is beautiful and has always been so sweet. Hope she has a wonderful birthday!