Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Nearly Licensed


I talked to Agency Worker yesterday, and she had some questions that came back from the lady that is working on our licensing. Nothing major, just little things they wanted to clear up about how we might handle certain situations, like eating. We eat VERY healthy around our house, and they wanted to make sure that we would not force the girls to give up all the foods they love and to instead eat things they didn't like. I assured them that I understood it wouldn't be a good idea to force my eating habits on the girls. Any and all changes will be made gradually.

Isn't it sad that healthy eating is considered a BAD thing in our society?? What a terrible parent I am... :p

I told Agency Worker about our visit with the girls, and that we were interested in pursuing adopting them. She still doesn't have any information from their CPS caseworker. She doesn't know when CPS will have the girls ready for adoption. For now I am content, because we haven't finished our training and can't take them anyway. But after October 1st, my patience may start to run out. Not that it will do me any good, because I have no control over any of this. I've done my part and that's all I can do.

1 comment:

asparagus said...

Funny how healthy eating can have children taken away from parents too. I guess we should all be fat and eating McDonalds everyday. I never hear of obese parents with obese children getting in trouble... but you remove meat from your house and WATCH OUT!!!
*personal issue with me since I went vegan... just ignore my ranting*